Friday, January 20, 2006

TMI 66 Where I am today

Today, I am mostly recovered. I still bear scars. I am financially challenged by having to support my son with no financial assistance.

I am mostly happy. I am lonely and I have some days where I feel sorry for myself.

But, I have a beautiful healthy son that is at the top of his classes in school. He is well adjusted and has a good moral sense. He is a kid so he makes mistakes but he definitely is capapble of guilt and remorse. I worried that he wouldn't be and that he would be like his father in that. He isn't like that though. He has a strong sense of right and wrong and while he is a kid and sometimes chooses the easy way vs. the right way. He knows the difference and is protective and supportive of those smaller and less powerful than he is.

I have made sure that he won't be the typical child of a convict father. He wants to be a Navy Pilot. I think he will make it.

2 comments:

Betty said...

Bravo, Condolessa. In the end, that what really matters.

ghartstein said...

With your encouragement and support,no doubt he will!