Friday, January 06, 2006

TMI 50 Self Preservation

I finally had all of the mail from Dennis blocked. He couldn't write to me or my kids. At least that is what I ask for. Legally, I found I could not stop him from writing to Noah or to my sons since he could claim he had been a stepfather. This man was a pedophile and I had to let him contact my kids. I was flabbergasted.

I was awarded $600 in child support per month. Dennis had land and a 401K and other property. However, the other wife got first claim to all of that. Dennis's mother and brothers and sisters never again attempted to contact me or even send a card to Noah. Good Riddance. He was better off without them.

Dennis's first wife and son stayed in contact for a while. The first wife had back surgery and was really struggling herself. I didn't have much to offer at that point. I did try to help her. I just didn't have much left to be able to help her. The oldest son was married now with a son that is 3 or 4 months younger than Noah. He was 19 years old with a baby. He was busting his ass but was too busy with his own life to be in Noah's. I Understood.

My older son was entering the terrible teens. You would think a 14 year age difference would mean no sibling rivalry. Not true. He was horribly jealous of the money and attention I spent on the baby. He was mad because we were broke again. His hormones were screaming and his father was pretty much dragging me thru the dirt at every opportunity. I had hoped his father would be there for him more once we moved to Plano where he was already living. That wasn't the case. If anything he made him more hurt and angry.

I had horrible guilt and spoiled my older son. I got him a cell phone and a car. He needed to stay in contact with me and needed to be able to drive to work when he got his license. I bought him a '67 Mustang from a close friend. He took it out before he got his license and wrecked it. Thanks, I needed that!

No comments: