Tuesday, January 10, 2006

TMI 55 The Honeymoon

We didn't really have a Honeymoon but we did have a Honeymoon period. Jim would fly out every two or three weeks and it would be great. I was homesick for Texas so in August, I took vacation and flew back to stay with him for a week.

In the meantime, he moved his daughter and her two kids into my house and they were to rent it for $1k per month. He was living in the house he had purchased with his ex wife in Grapevine. He told me that she had gotten it in the divorce but that once her oldest son moved out, she let him have it and he made the payments and for all practical purposes, it was his and his name was still on the loan and the deed. The plan was for me to find a job back in Texas and move back an in with him in the house in Grapevine. It was much smaller than mine in Plano but that was okay. I didn't care, I just wanted to live with my husband and move back to Texas.

I really did care for Jim and was genuinely falling in love with him.

I approached my boss about moving back to Texas and working from home. He said no. I kept job hunting in Texas but the economy was soft and there just wasn't anything.

I kept after my boss and finally in September he agreed to let me move back. He would allow $2500 for the move and I was to work from home as a contractor and average 20 hours per week. It would be a huge pay cut and loss of benefits but with Jim's business and the savings in rent in Arizona I figured it would be a wash. At least I would be back in Texas and could look for a job from there.

No comments: