Monday, January 02, 2006

TMI 36 The Beginning of the End but it takes a long time to really get there.

I am home with the new baby. He is the newest love of my life. So beautiful and so perfect. He is a good baby. Quiet, eats well, sleeps a lot. My 13 year old bonds with him.

I have spent the last several months managing Dennis and his life. Now, I have to juggle Dennis and the baby. No doubt about it, the baby comes first.

Dennis is resentful. Noah is 2 weeks old and the lease is up on Dennis's minivan. He goes to "turn it in" as we agreed. Our plan is that we will buy another car or van but the lease is too expensive and not a good deal. He comes home drunk and with a new van he signed a 4 year lease on. His comment was that he needed to celebrate the good deal he got. He got a lousy deal. Smaller less nice van, higher "lease" payment. He is drunk. I am livid. I can feel myself being forced to make a choice. If the choice is Dennis or my kids, Dennis loses big time.

No comments: