Monday, January 02, 2006

TMI 38 Things began happening quickly

Once Dennis had a relapse, it only took 2 days before he was back drinking full time. I was having to manage a teenager, a drunken husband who had lots of issues and STILL wasn't divorced, and a baby. On top of it all, I had to get ready to go back to work.

I fought with Dennis almost constantly. I made it perfectly clear that I would not allow him to drink and put my children in jeopardy. It fell on deaf ears.

I repeatedly ask him to leave to move out and move on. He refused.

After a particularly bad drunken episode, I threw him out and locked the doors and refused to let him in. He disappeared for 3 days. I was relieved. He went to visit his father who was 84 and dying. I didn't care, he was gone and not my problem.

He came back.

No comments: