Friday, January 06, 2006

TMI 49 But is isn't over

I thought things would finally be over. I did eventually start sleeping better and felt a tremendous relief that he wouldn't be around to break in and steal things or just destroy things.

I had the marriage voided. Since I was never legally married I couldn't get a divorce. It still cost me quite a bit of money. I wanted Dennis's parental rights to Noah terminated. The courts wouldn't do that. Dennis got joint custody. I was floored. I got sole conservatorship. It still didn't seem right. He got supervised visitation.

I began to understand this would NEVER be over.

I hadn't started to heal. I had a tremendous amount of guilt. How could I have chosen a pedophile to be the father of my son. I had cheated him of a normal family and of ever having a father to love him as only a father can.

Shortly thereafter, I changed jobs. I got a huge pay raise and moved to Plano from Grand Prairie. I was committed to starting a new life and starting one where he couldn't easily find me. His letters were weird and there were veiled threats.

No comments: