Tuesday, January 17, 2006

TMI 62 The Fall


By fall, I had pretty much had it. I begged Jim to try to find a job on a daily basis. He refused stating he was too old to get a regular job. I told him he was too old to eat then. He wasn't amused. The marriage had pretty much failed. I was holding it together because I didn't really want another failed marriage. Noah was back in school. I had quite a few hours with my job but things were slowing down. My boss called me from Phoenix. They hired someone to replace me and they needed me to fly out and train her.

Now, to say I was not excited about training my replacement was an understatement. To say I was not excited about going back to Phoenix was also an understatement. But, I knew they had done well by me and had generally treated me honorably. I flew out and trained my replacement. Her favorite colors were short and tight. I understood what the sales guy saw in her. She was pretty smart but very young and very inexperienced. I had things set up so they were pretty much fool proof. I stayed a week and went home to job hunt.

The market was soft. I wanted too much money. My ex refused still to look for a job. Any job at all. He simply refused. Things got more tense. I really really began to resent him. His comment was that he was just a laid back guy and that things would work out. I agreed they would but not the way he imagined.

No comments: