Wednesday, January 04, 2006

TMI 42 The Job Search

Dennis and I were both furiously looking for jobs. Dennis was at the top of his field but the job market for Semiconductor Equipment Tech's wasn't good here in the Dallas area. I was still working and would be thru Thanksgiving. We each got a generous severance package from our employer but it wouldn't last forever. Not with Child Support and house payements and etc.

We each had no job offers.

Thanksgiving came and I was now unemployed too. I was enjoying staying home with he baby since I didn't have that luxury with my older two boys. Dennis was drinking a lot. I again gave him an ultimatium. Get a job or get out. He found a job with a company in Oregon. We put the house on the market and got ready to move.

As moving time approached, I choked. What was I doing moving halfway across the country with a man on probation that was a drunk and barely staying out of jail. I would be uprooting my kids and starting all over again. With 2 weeks to go, I told Dennis I was not moving but he was welcome to go without us.

He called some old buddies and had a local job in 30 minutes. I took the house off the market and thought we were home free.

No comments: