Wednesday, January 25, 2006

More Layoffs

We had another round of layoffs today at work. It is always gutwrenching. If you go you are just sick. If you stay you feel guilty somehow. Most of the people laid off today were in our Telford, England site. I can understand. It is poorly managed but somehow it doesn't make anything any easier. No one from my office went today but some from our division at other locations did. None were really a big surprise but then again if they shutdown my whole department it wouldn't be a surprise. I guess I have been thru too many layoffs to be surprised anymore.

It is very depressing and humbling. It makes you angry too. Competition for jobs and business is so tight now I don't have any patience with people that don't do their jobs. No company can afford that luxury anymore.

No comments: