Monday, January 02, 2006

TMI 37 What was I thinking????

So, I throw a fit Dennis got drunk. I try to remember that the road to sobriety is a journey not something that happens overnight. I think about this and decided this is a one time blip on the screen and that I can forgive it.

I am having serious misgivings and I know I have to go back to work in 4 weeks. There is no way, I am going to go back to work, worry about a baby and have to babysit Dennis. I physically can't manage it.

We are still going to Drug and Alcohol counseling. When they ask me if Dennis drank, I said No. I have no idea why I lied for him. I don't lie for myself. Why would I lie for him? It is a big mistake. He understands again that he can manipulate me and that I will lie for him when he does something wrong. I am just intent on salvaging the rapidly deteriorating situation. I don't yet realize it isn't up to me.

1 comment:

Betty said...

I don't yet realize it isn't up to me....that realization is so hard to accept.