Friday, January 20, 2006

TMI 65 Healing

The time from January 2005 til now was a time for healing and forgiveness. I learned to forgive myself for marrying such losers. I forgave Dennis because he is not capable of being anything other than he is.

I learned that being mad or hurt doesn't make a difference and only affects me and the people that have to be around me.

I learned that bad things happen to good innocent people. Sometimes the good and innocent people can learn from it.

I learned that I am incredibly strong and I don't have to be defined by my mistakes but by my capacity to forgive and thrive anyway.

I learned you can forgive without allowing yourself to be that vulnerable again.

I learned that I am smart even if I have made some poor choices.

I learned that there are people in this world that will love me regardless of where I have been because where I have been affects me but doesn't define me. I am who I choose to be.

I have learned that if you tell someone you were once married to a pedophile, they usually treat you like you were the pedophile. Somehow, you get the guilt and blame associated with you. That or they pity you so much they can't look you in the eye anymore.

I learned that if you don't tell people you were married to a pedophile, they won't ever guess it in a million years.

I learned that life goes on. It isn't any fairer or easier but no matter what, it goes on and you can go with it or get left behind. It is ultimately up to you.

No comments: