Wednesday, January 04, 2006

TMI 46 I love Probation Officers and Cops

I filed complaint after complaint about Dennis. He kept breaking in and generally trying to terrorize me. I don't terrorize easily.

The finally felt they had enough to revoke his probation. The Assisant DA came to meet me. I took the baby and met with her at a Denny's near my house. I liked her. She was smart and strong and in many ways like me. She had a miserable job. I gave her every bit of info I could.

I was nuts back then. I had lived thru so much and had been so emotionally and physically abused that I was not in my right mind. I loved Dennis. I really did. Or at least I loved who I thought he really was. It was killing me to try to send him to prison. Why wouldn't he just let go of me?

The Asst. DA wanted me at the revocation hearing in case she needed me to testify. I was a basket case that day. I locked my keys in my car and then got lost on the way. I got there and Dennis was on the stand. LYING HIS ASS OFF!

His mother and brother from Arkansas were there along with a man I didn't recognise. I felt so badly for them.

Dennis got caught in a lie on the stand. I did not get called after that.

The judge after hearing all arguments, looked Dennis straight in the eye and said

"I have give you chances and the benefit of the doubt I have not given most people. You have had a tremendous amount of people really trying to help you. You have chosen, by your actions to throw that all away. I sentence you to 10 years in the Texas State Correctional Institutions" That is not verbatim but the best of my recollections. I was floored. I figured he would get 18 months tops. I cried and told him I was sorry and that I loved him. He shouted at me that it was all my fault and that he hated me. I just cried.

I met his mother and brother and the other guy outside. They needed to get a U-haul to get his things and put them in "storage in Arkansas" They never ask if I needed anything. They did introduce me to the other guy. He was a friend Dennis went to school with they brought as a character witness. The mother was devastated. She knew he was innocent. I agreed with her but told her he was an alcoholic. The friend from school looked at us both and said "No, Dennis is guilty, he admitted it to me last night."

I almost threw up. I had an hour and a half drive home. I cried all the way. I went and go the baby from the daycare and hugged him and just cried until I didn't have any more tears.

Dennis's family never ask if I needed anything. I have never heard from them since. Not a card for Noah on his birthday or Christmas.

3 days after his revocation, Dennis called me collect from the Wise County jail. I accepted the charges thinking he was finally going to come clean and apologize. WHAT WAS I THINKING??? I WAS A TOTAL IDOIOT!! He wanted me to send him money. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA


YAH RIGHT!!! He was ORDERING ME to send him money. He hasn't even paid his child support. I had no words.


He tried calling again over the next few weeks. I didn't accept the charges.

No comments: