Wednesday, January 04, 2006

TMI 41 The Return Home

We got home. Dennis got drunk. I told him to get out or I would call his probation officer.

He got an apartment and took all of the furniture. I had a twin bed mattress I slept on with the baby. My teenagers furniture was mine so he was good.

I went back to work.

Going back to work was not fun. I got moved to the warehouse after being gone for 5 months on disability and maternity leave. I was in charge but it was hot and miserable. On top of everything, I was in trouble over Dennis's lies. They attributed some to me. It took some explaining but I made it clear that I had told the truth. I also let them know we were separated.

My birthday came and went as did our anniversary without so much as a word from Dennis. I was pretty much livid. I had also pretty much given up.

In late July, I got word thru the grapevine that the company would be closing it's doors and we would all be laid off. I called Dennis at work to let him know. It was the first time we had spoken in weeks. Two days later, he called and ask to move back in to save money for us both. I was scared and it seemed like a good idea. He quit drinking again. I was back to having a bed to sleep in.

The shutdown came a week later. He was laid off immediately. I was kept for 90 days to do a mothballing of the plant. He was to spend his days looking for a job. He spent them drinking instead while at home with my now 14 year old and his best friend and often the friends younger sister.

Again, I was livid. How could he do this at this time? I was not happy. I was still trying to pull it together. It just wasn't up to me.

No comments: