Sunday, January 01, 2006

TMI 33 I should have learned my lesson. BUT NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

I went home after Dennis was arrested and collapsed. First, I called his attorney and told him that Dennis had been arrested and I told them they need to get him out of jail and make arrangements for him to stay somewhere else as he was not welcome back. They knew I was about 7 months pregnant and I gave them most of the details about the previous night. They pretty much told me that he was on his own but that they would check into it.

I tried to go to bed. I was exhausted. My house was a wreck. I was again a total basket case. I couldn't sleep much. Either I was too worried or exhausted or just confused. I am not sure. I just couldn't relax enough and let go enough to really sleep. I dozed a bit. I ended up getting out of bed around 3. I again called the attorney and they hadn't heard from Dennis.

I wanted him out and gone. I just couldn't deal with anything one minute longer. But, I had his car and his car keys and his clothes and furniture (I had gotten rid of mine when he moved in as his was newer and nicer.) At some point, there would have to be a hand off of property. Not only that, he needed to work in 2 days and without his car he couldn't get there.

An hour later, the phone rang. It was Dennis. He cried and ask me why I got him into trouble and told me he was beaten at the jail. I told him I was sorry he was beaten but that I was done. I got off the phone and he called back. I hung up and he called back. This went on for about an hour. I finally ended up talking to him and he promised he had quit drinking for good. He told me he was at a hotel near my house and would I come there to see him. I struggled with this but eventually relented. I took my 13 year old with me so if something happened he could get help.

We get to his room and he has again drank most of a 5th of vodka and at least 6 of an 18 pk of beer. He was no longer mobile. Against my better judgement, I packed him up in the car with the help of my son and took him home and put him to bed where he passed out for another 24 hours.

No comments: