Sunday, January 15, 2006

TMI 56 The Return to Texas

September and October of 2003 was very busy.

I received a letter from Victims Services that Dennis was being released. I called and found out that he would be going to a halfway house for sex offenders in El Paso. He was released on Oct 10, 2003 after serving just over 4 years of a 10 year sentence. As terms of his parole, he would have to get a job, stay in the halfway house until he saved $2k so he could get an apartment and etc. He would also have to register as a sex offender until his original sentence was completed. After that, he would be free and clear. LOVELY!

I was making arrangements to move back to Texas to my new husbands home. He had moved his daughter into my house and she had in turn moved in roommates (without my permission I might add) the roommates brought a dog and a cat.

I was again sorting and throwing things away to make the move as light as possible. I made arrangements to get Noah withdrawn from school and made arrangements to be able to work from home in Texas.

The first of October, Jim sent me an email telling me he had gotten eviction papers from his ex wife and she was insisting on taking the house we had planned on living in back even though she hadn't been in it in 12 years and he "believed" she had given it back to him. I wasn't very happy. I was leaving my full time job for a part time job with no benefits and now I had no place to live.

After much discussion, and the confession by my new husband that his daughter was in fact unable to pay the rent on my house, we decided to move back in there and allow her to live with us until she found something she could afford.

That was the first of many mistakes. Starting a marriage while supporting a grown child with 2 children of her own puts a lot of stress on the new marriage.

No comments: