Sunday, January 15, 2006

TMI 57 Finally Home

We moved back to Texas the week before Halloween. We got the home office set up in the main living room. The daughters little girl had one bedroom, the daughters son and Noah shared another and she took the family room as her bedroom. When she was home she slept. She worked as a waitress and was gone by the time the kids got home from school. Guess who ended up taking care of the kids? I didn't mind as long as the kids all got along and as long as we shared the work. I did all the laundry all the cooking all the cleaning. I made sure the kids got their homework done and their baths.

She didn't like what I cooked for them or pretty much anything I did. Mostly, she and her kids were mean to Noah. Noah, even though he has a lot of brothers and sisters essentially has been raised as an only child. He is generally well behaved and shares well and doesn't bully. He had never been exposed to kids ganging up on him and he had no clue how to deal with. I tried to be patient but in my own home my patience grew thin. My husband was no support what so ever and let his daughter take full advantage of us. I tried to help her I really did, but she didn't want my help. She ended up taking her kids out of school for weeks at a time to go visit her friends in Missouri. They all had drug problems and were in and out of rehab and she was trying to be there for them. I felt like she needed to worry more about her kids than her druggie friends. I kept my mouth shut though. It was selfish but I was glad when they would go so I would have a little peace. She went up right after Christmas to see an old boyfriend that was getting out of drug rehab. He was out 2 days when they got married. I didn't much care but she wanted to bring him to Texas to stay in my home. I put my foot down. My husband was pissed. He thought I was being unfair. I got the cold shoulder from both of them. I just didn't want a druggie around my son. I didn't want him to think that was acceptable behavior.

No comments: