Tuesday, January 17, 2006

TMI 59 February 2004 was a BAD month

It started out okay. I was getting more hours at work and things were settling down.

One morning we get a call. The gentleman that was the direct contact for my husband's business with his main customer had had a heart attack and died during the night. The business died with him. It was just a bit slower death.

The step daughter that had been living with us with her kids informed us she was coming to get her furniture and etc. Could we please pack everything up for her? I wasn't thrilled with the idea of packing for someone else when I had no clue what they wanted to keep or get rid of. I ended up starting in her daughter's room. The more time I spent in there the more pissed off I got. There was gum stuck in my new carpet, there was spray paint on the walls, there were holes in the walls, there were my dishes and food and general trash. There was all kinds of stuff that just had no business in there. I stayed mad for a while. I started on the boys room. It was just more of the same. I packed up her kitchen stuff and left her room for her to manage.

She arrived with not only the convict husband but the convict husband's father. Both were real prizes. I didn't want them in my house. She hadn't ask and I felt trapped and used. I told my husband. He felt I was out of line. The daughters stepson and her kids bullied Noah and my pets while they were here. They took hand tools and tossed them into the swimming pool. The hid my sons toys from him. I was very glad to see them go.

My husband didn't tell me his business was failing but I had a feeling. I tried to encourage him to take steps to not just let it slip away. He was immobile. I was pissed but figured he must know what he was doing. He did. He figured I would support us all.

No comments: