Thursday, December 15, 2005

Too much information part three

When I met Dennis, I had just broken up with a boyfriend of 3 years.

That boyfriend had told me he wanted to get married just not to me. My self esteem was very low. The boyfriend was not really a kind person by any stretch of the imagination and he was a serious alcoholic that tended to get very angry when he drank beyond a certain point. I was better off without him and I knew it.

I was horribly lonely though and my biological clock was ticking. I was 36 and wanted to have another baby. My older boys were teenagers and not much interested in Mom anymore. I was afraid I would be old and alone. I really really wanted to meet someone kind and non-judgemental that wanted more children. Someone that would let me stay home and care for the children while he brought home the money. I had worked outside the home since my older two boys were babies and I had a lot of guilt about the things that I wasn't able to do for them and give them since I had been a single mother with them for the majority of their lives.

No comments: