Sunday, December 04, 2005

I still have it!

Last evening I took my son roller skating. I didn't skate this time because last time he hung onto my arm the entire time and didn't make much progess in learning to skate.

So, he is slowing making his way around the rink alternating holding on the rail and falling on his butt. As I am watching, him a man skates by with the sexiest eyes I have seen in a long time. He has black hair and blue eyes. For some reason, that combination always gets to me. He is much younger me, probably late 20's, about 6 ft tall and lean with out being skinny. From the way he skates, I think he must work there. He flys by several times and I can't help but watch him because he is by far the best skater there.

After a bit, I notice him kind of helping a little girl my son's age and my son skate around. I am thinking he is working there and is out trying to keep the little kids off the floor so the big kids don't run over them. He seems to alternately help my son and the little girl.

After a while, my son gets thirsty and comes over for a drink. He goes back to skating and I go back to watching. The guy is really good and so graceful on the skates. I sit and keep watching my son and the guy and the little girl until finally my son comes off the rink and is ready to go home. The guy follows him off and stops to tell me about how my son was so sweet by helping his daughter get up and was worried about her everytime she fell. The he sat down and flirted with me a little. I WAS SPEECHLESS. Here is this young guy who is totally beautiful trying to chat me up. On top of all of that, he was nice to my kid! What an ego boost. It is back to the diet and exericse machine for me.

1 comment:

Betty said...

You go girl! At least you have the sense to realize when a guy is flirting with you. I usually don't figure it out until later, in my car, thinking about the exchange and one of my sons will say, Mom, that guy was hitting on you. I think, Really?

Doh!