Sunday, December 25, 2005

TMI 23 The Day of the Hearing

It happened in February I think. Dennis was drinking all the time when he wasn't at work. I was managing Dennis. Getting him to work on time. Paying all the bills, managing the money. Dennis was getting increasingly nasty with my 13 year old son and his friends. They didn't come to blows but I worried about it constantly. My son was mad as hell at me for keeping Dennis around. He was tired of him being drunk. He was tired of him making me cry. I was scared to death they would come to blows while I was at work. My son had a friend that was a constant companion and I felt like the two of them could pretty much manage the situation and if necessary just go to the friends house if Dennis got out of hand.

Physically, I was flagging. I was trying to eat right and take care of myself but phyiscally having to manage Dennis was getting to be more than I could handle. The morning of the hearing where Dennis signed the papers agreeing to the plea agreement, I made him take an Antabuse. At least I would get thru the hearing without having to go home and have him in a drunken rage.

No comments: