Thursday, December 15, 2005

TMI part 4

In February of 1997, I dated a guy from work. I liked him. He was 37 and had never been married and was making about $100k per year. We dated a few times when he told me he had a girl that his family expected him to marry. It actually worked out well because we were great friends but it never got beyond that. He did suggest that I maybe go out with his friend Dennis.

Dennis was actually sort of his supervisor and was considered to be the best around in his field. I had had quite a bit of contact with Dennis in the past but really didn't know much about him. I did start noticing him and upon a formal introduction from the other guy, I started to get to know him a little better. After a couple of weeks, I invited Dennis to dinner. He showed up dressed in black jeans, a white dress shirt and a black vest. He also wore a gold coin on a gold chain around his neck and it icked me out a little but who am I to judge.

He brought flowers and wine. My initial reaction was that this guy was a little weird and that there was something not quite right about him but I wrote it off as first date jitters. I can remember consciously thinking that he was weird but not really in a bad way and deciding it was something I could live with because all in all he seemed nice and kind and harmless.

No comments: