Tuesday, December 20, 2005

TMI 14

So what I was really thinking at this point was that Dennis had a VERY serious alcohol problem. I didn't believe for one minute he had actually molested his daughter but he cleary had a serious alcohol problem Why was I the only one that could see that?


Dennis was making $120K before taxes. After taxes, he was bringing home about $86.4. His attorney was charging $50K. He was paying $24K in child support. His car payment was about $5K annually. Do the math, I was essentially supporting him.

About this time, I felt concerned for his children. He was paying $2k in child support but $2k doesn't go very far to cover the bills when there is no other income and 4 kids and a mother that doesn't work. I called "the other wife" and made arrangements to buy clothes and toys for her kids. I dropped about $4k that trip. There would be 2 more trips like that over the next year. I couldn't live in a nice house (even if I bought it before I ever met Dennis) knowing his kid's, my baby to be's brothers and sister, were doing without. $4k for 4 kids for school clothes and toys really doesn't go very far. I didn't buy designer stuff only the basics. Underwear, jeans, couple of pairs of shoes each, shirts, sox, jackets. I really liked the kids. My heart broke for them.

No comments: