Tuesday, December 20, 2005

TMI 13

The shock lasted about a week and then I got mad. I got mad at Dennis and "the other wife" and the DA who indicted him and the system. About the only person I wasn't mad at was the poor daughter.

After carefully considering the facts as I knew them, I decided that:

1. Dennis needed to do damage control as his "other wife" certainly had informed someone of his current bigamy.

2. We (meaning me) needed to do as much research on incest and pedophilia and accusations of molestation in divorce cases.

3. We (again meaning me) had to get a handle on Dennis's drinking before he got himself into real trouble.

4. I needed to play this out to see what would happen. An abortion was out of the question and I had no intention of raising another child by myself. That meant I needed to do everything in my power to resolve this situation in the most positive manner possible.

5. We needed to speak to Dennis's attorneys and disclose the illegal marriage and the subsequent pregnancy. I wanted to see all the evidence against him.

We jointly went to visit the attorney. I of course took an instant dislike. They were costing $50K and what they were telling me was that there was no plea bargain. The SOB of a DA (sorry about that but it was what I was thinking at the time) was taking us (meaning my beloved Dennis) to trial and most likely he would get 30 years. 30 YEARS!!!!! I was not a happy camper. I kicked into protective mother lion mode. It would not be pretty for anyone that got in my way.

No comments: