Tuesday, December 20, 2005

TMI 11

So while I was on the phone, I tried to get as many details out of the "ex" from now on to be known as the "other wife." She wouldn't say much. She did say that she saw him molest his daughter and that she had reported him to CPS and the police. She wouldn't say exactly what she saw. She also indicated that the daughter had not accused him of anything.

I was stunned and physically ill. After a few minutes, I calmed down enough to think coherently. Dennis had been sitting and listening to the entire conversation. He was really really drunk at the time and I figured it would be a good time to really get the truth out of him. I figured he would be more honest drunk.

He said that what happened was that his wife wanted to immigrate to Israel and he refused so she was looking for a reason to divorce him. One evening he was drunk and his daughter who was between 9 and 11 at the time, (I can't honestly remember how old she was for this incident) had been sitting at the computer or something. He said he came up behind her to give her a hug and when he did his hand accidently slipped inside her shirt and his wife saw it and confronted him. She then called someone from her church who told her to call the police and CPS I believe. The next day, he was arrested on Felony Sexual Assault of a Child and he was removed from the home with instructions not to re-enter or try to contact the daughter.

No comments: