Saturday, December 24, 2005

TMI 21 Into the Breach

Dennis and I had the most serious fights we had had to date at that point. I made it excruciatingly clear to him that if he did not accept the plea agreement he would be going on without me. I was not willing to risk losing him to prison and raising a son on my own. We fought for a month. Finally, he relented shortly before Christmas. I was relieved. It would soon be all over. Or so I thought.

In the meantime, I took the other wife and kids shopping for Christmas and also bought them presents (including the other wife). I got them a computer. I felt like she needed to be computer literate if she was ever going to get a real job and I wanted the kids exposed to it. I also gave them furniture, a dresser and a desk and some other stuff.

She found out that Dennis had accepted the plea agreement and was somewhat grateful the daughter would not have to testify.

In the meantime, the son by the first wife came home on leave and spent some time at my house. He had the girlfriend with him. She cried when we took him back to the airport. I understood.

Dennis and I went to see Robert Earl Keen at John T. Flores Country Store down in Helotes, TX. My friend from California came and my very best and oldest friend from the Army went with us. I was enjoying the concert when Dennis came and sat down beside me with a beer in his hand. I was again speechless. My friends knew the details and gave us a wide berth so I could unload on him. I did but figure it was a one time slip up. I was seriously mistaken.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Condoleesa,
I think when you write one entry I am dying to know what happens... until the next one comes and there is even more to the story!

When I said your writing was plain-spoken, I meant so pure. So honest.

You have a good Christmas. I am also looking for one of those beefcake guys under my tree as it has been a while.

Happy holidays. Keep writing!