Tuesday, December 27, 2005

TMI 27 Meanwhile, back at the farm

Dennis had become totally unreasonable with my son and his friends. My son's best friend had a younger sister. She was blonde and beautiful and about 10 at the time. She would often be dropped off at the house with my son's best friend. The friends mother had "issues." I loved these kids like my own. Dennis didn't. He was increasingly mean to my son and his friend and increasing patient and concerned with the little sister. I didn't see it at the time. I was such a fool. She was never there without my son and her brother. Thank GOD!

I had started the chaperone certification. It was 2 nights a week for 4 weeks. It was some of the most miserable times I have ever spent in my entire life. There were classes that pretty much spelled out what molesters do to "groom" their victims. I was sick and pregnant. Dennis wasn't a pedophile, he was a drunk. Why should I be put thru this. The stories made me physically ill. I wasn't sure I could complete the certification. I was tired and pregnant and just plain sick with everything.

Dennis would start his sex offender therapy soon. I was looking forward to it. Finally there would be someone with a medical background that would understand he was an alcoholic not a pedophile.

No comments: