Sunday, December 25, 2005

TMI 24 The Hearing

We got to the Courthouse and met with Dennis's attorney's. The had the agreement and we went over the terms of the probation. They were for Wise County. The attorney's said that he would be supervised out of Wise County even though we lived in Tarrant County since that is where the offense had occurred. There were a long list of terms. No going to places where children would be expected to be present like McDonald's or Hurricane Harbor. No contact with children under the age of 18 without a court approve chaperone. No drinking or illegal drugs. Attendance and completion of a Sex Offender Treatment Program.

Dennis read the terms and almost stormed out. I managed to calm him down and he agreed to go thru with it but he was seething.

By this time, I was clearly pregnant and there were some concerned glances. There was a discussion as to whether Dennis could continue to live with me until I completed the chaperone certification. After much discussion with attorneys, judges, Assistant DA's and Probation Officials, it was determined that he could continue to live with me but that I had to get my certification as soon as possible.

We had an appointment to meet with Dennis's new probation officer in 2 weeks in Wise County.

After the hearing, we met again with Dennis's attorneys. The husband and wife team were also expecting a baby. I think maybe a few weeks before or after we were expecting ours. The wife and I got along after the first couple of meetings. She and I talked that day. She said that she didn't think Dennis was going to have an easy probation. He was just too angry and defiant. Boy no one ever spoke truer words.

The day had been incredibly stressful. We went home and Dennis took some sedatives and sleeping pills and went to sleep. I was just a puddle. I couldn't sleep. It was finally going to be over.

No comments: