Friday, December 23, 2005

TMI 19 Other details

I was actually Dennis's third wife. His first wive divorced him when their son was very small. Dennis had a drug problem (I didn't find this out until after Dennis was in prison) I met that wife also. She was a sweet Texas country girl. She was the type that didn't seem very bright but that was deceptive. She was wicked smart and had a heart of gold. Her son was 18 by the time I met him. He was a Senior in High School and had decided to join the Marines. His girlfriend was studying to be a teacher. She was also quite sweet. Much more polished than Dennis's 1st ex. I genuinely liked them both for what and who they were.

Dennis's son was a good kid. It used to piss him off that I would call him a kid but he was to me. He was and is very bright and hard working. His life hadn't been easy and it made him strong. I didn't always see that in the beginning but I developed a very strong respect for him.

The son graduated and left for the Marines. He was very protective of his father. Everyone was. We didn't really understand how Dennis had managed to get himself into this mess but we all felt he was the victim.

I didn't think Dennis's daughter had lied. I didn't think she had commented to any one in any way. I didn't think the other wife had lied either. I just thought she was totally bananas. She really did want to move to Israel and help rebuild the temple for the second coming of Christ. Whenever she was questioned by anyone on how she would support herself and her 4 children if Dennis went to jail, she simply said that God would provide. She had started working cleaning houses for churchmembers mostly I think. She was probably bringing home less than $1k/month. She was getting $2k/month from us as child support. I still had no idea how she was raising 4 kids and supporting herself on that. I don't think I could do it.

No comments: