Tuesday, December 20, 2005

TMI 15

As a result of speaking with Dennis's attorney's we agreed he had a serious alcohol problem that was presenting a serious problem with his defense. I made him make an appointment with a doctor and got them to prescribe Antabuse. I had experience with it in the Army and I knew if you took it and drank, you would be VERY VERY SORRY.

I watched Dennis take it every morning for the first month. He managed to get scripts for Buspar and other "antidepressants". He slept pretty much all the time for the next couple of months. He seemed to be staying sober and I was genuinely encouraged.

Meanwhile, I was preggers and miserable. I was 36 and being preggers at 36 is not like being preggers at 23. I was exhausted all the time. I wasn't barfing but I was sick in other ways. I had horrible nightmares about the end of the world. I didn't drink at all, after all, I was preggers and my baby deserved the best.

No comments: