Friday, December 09, 2005

Some days it doesn't pay to get out of bed

I had a long long day. I got up early this morning because I had to stop on the way to work to get a "Crazy Hat" because it was "Crazy Hat Day" at work. So, I ended up getting out of the house later than usual of course. I get to Walmart, find a hat and get into work. I am there 5 minutes and the boss starts calling from Mexico. He is there supervising something or other and needs my help. I worked all day from home yesterday when everyone else was off due to snow so I am kinda pissed but doing okay. He calls a teleconference for 11:00. Of course we don't get the info for the teleconference until that morning and we are behind from being off and have 6 hours of work on the data we got before was can give him answers. He insists on the 11:00 call. In the meantime, I can't do anything with the data until the admin finishes her part so I sit around reading slash and twiddling my thumbs and in between try to catch up on stuff I couldn't do because no one else worked yesterday.

I also decided to go see The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe at the 5:10 showing at the cheap theater. I figure I will have to slide out of work by 3:00 but that shouldn't be a probelm since I worked yesterday when no one else did and the teleconference should be well over by then. I get tickets over the internet and enlist the neighbor to go with me.

I get busy. 11:00 rolls around and we get on the call and find out that no one is ready and we put it off til 2:00 I am okay with that because I can still make it out by 3:00. At 1:30 the lady in Mexico insists we push the call out to 2:15 so she can dash out for lunch. I am feeling my afternoon go into the toilet. I get the report from out Admin at about 1:45 and start to process the data and take the necessary actions. 2:15 pops up and I get on the call. The call DRAGS ON FOREVER. I text message the neighbor, give her the ticket confirmation number and tell her I will meet her at the theater. I get off the stupid call around 3:30 and shutdown and lock up as quick as I can.

Traffic sucks the entire way and I make it to the theater around 4:50. I get popcorn and etc and get sat down. The movie is good but not great and my son acts like he didn't take any ADD medicine thru the whole thing and is generally disruptive and annoying. Movie ends and I head home. I am one exit away from home on the Interstate and I change lanes to be able to take the exit and just as I am doing it I blow the right front tire. I have to drive to the next exit and manage to pull into a Chili's parking lot. I again call the neighbor and she enlists the husband to help. The both come to the rescue and save me. My tires are less than 6 months old. I did not get the road handler warranty. Merry Christmas.

No comments: