Tuesday, December 27, 2005

TMI 26 The OB/GYN

About this time, I was going back for my monthly check up. I had had large babies in the past and there was a concern I would become diabetic. I had gained 11 lbs since I got pregnant and I was now about 5 months along. Dennis and I had had an argument when he was drunk and he had grabbed my arm. I had bruises of his hand and fingerprints on my upper arm. They did a quick blood test after commenting on the bruises (It was really clear what they were) and decided by blood sugar was too high. I was sent for a glucose tolerance test. This was bad.

We finally went to see the Department of Community Supervision in Tarrant County. They were "less than pleased" we missed the first appointment. (Notice how I still say we when I should say he, I just have too much guilt wrapped up in this)

We met the first probation officer after processing in and being reprimanded for not reporting on time the first time. It seems Dennis's attorneys would not be serving the probation, Dennis would and it would behoove us to remember that in the future and not listen to what they said but instead listen to what the Community Supervision said.

The first probation officer seemed like a nice enough guy. He listened to our story without comment and made the appropriate notes. We went home feeling at bit worse for wear but feeling like things would be okay.

I failed the glucose tolerance test. I was diabetic. I submitted the paperwork to stay home for the remainder of my pregnancy.

Dennis continued to drink to excess every second he could. He refused to take Antabuse any more. His doctor refused to see him again. I was at my wits end.

No comments: