Thursday, December 22, 2005

TMI 17 Let Loose the Dogs of War

In preparation for the defense, since it looked like we were going to court, we (the lawyers and I more than Dennis I think) decided we needed to find a sex offender therapist that would testify that Dennis was not an offender and did not show the typical behaviors associated with a pedophile. It was October now and I was tired all the time from the pregnancy and generally feeling overwhelmed depressed and miserable. I knew I had to hold it all together though because there was too much at stake.

The first therapist was a woman. She and Dennis mixed like gas and a match. I tried to difuse the situation but Dennis was always looking for a fight. It wasn't helping him.

In the meantime, I had taken the other wife and kids shopping for clothes and toys. I had guilt about how I lived and how they lived and I wanted to bridge the gap. Admittedly, I also wanted to meet the little girl. I never brought up anything that would be painful or inappropriate to her. I more just wanted to see her and assess her and the mother. The mother to me seemed like a total flake. The kids, all the kids, seemed lost. They were good kids but their lives had been turned upside down. They didn't really understand everything that was happening that was clear. They were bright and personable and they broke my heart. I decided then and there, not matter what else happened those kids would not suffer if I could help it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Condoleesa,
I have been reading you silently for weeks. I love your writing, you are honest and so pure-spoken. Please.. .keep writing. The Dennis story is keeping me on the edge of the chair, I want to know how you managed to get here, to YOU, through it all.

I love your blog.

Condoleesa said...

Thanks, I really needed that today.