Thursday, December 29, 2005

TMI 31 A Long Day's Journey Into Night

I decide the 13 year old needs to spend the night at the friends house as ours isn't going to be a place for kids. He and the friend leave for the friends apartment.

Dennis is in a total rage. I have NEVER seen him like this. He is storming around and yelling. I tell him I gave him fair warning and that it was his choice to not take the Antabuse.

He decides he wants more alcohol. I hide his shoes, his wallet, his keys and the bicycles. He starts tries to leave barefooted with a blank check. I tell him no. He had brought in a 2x4 from the garage to bar the bedroom door with when he got home. I pick it up. I tell him he is not leaving and that I will hit him with the 2x4 before I let him. I tell him that I am his chaperone and I love him and I am not going to let him destroy what little chance he has at a normal life. He tries to leave. I hit him with the 2x4. Not hard enough to really hurt him just enough to get his attention. I hit him across the shoulders. He finally passes out face down on the bedroom rug from the alcohol not from the 2x4. I am afraid he will smother. I try to roll him over but he is dead weight. I am pregnant and exhausted. I finally get him rolled over.

The working phone rings. It is his oldest son and he has a dental appointment in the morning and he needs me to show him how to get to Carswell. He says he will be there at my house in 45 minutes.

Dennis wakes up and tries to leave. I have his shoes and he takes them from me and hits me in the stomach with them as hard as he can. I crumple to the floor faking how badly I am hurt and he is finally scared. He goes into the kitchen and I get up. I am okay. I am just surprised he would do this. He picks up my cast iron skillet and bounces it off of the kitchen floor with enough force to shatter it into pieces. There is now a huge dent in the floor. He goes back into the bedroom and passes out again.

No comments: