Thursday, October 06, 2005

Things I worry about


I took my son to a cardiologist today because our family doctor heard an irregular heartbeat. I felt it was the ADD medicine he was on and we took him off last week. Today he had a regular heartbeat. However, the doctor doesn't think the ADD medicine caused it, he thinks it just happens sometimes. However, while we were at the cardiologist, he found that my son was born with a congenital heart defect. He has a bicuspid aortic valve. His doesn't seem to causing any problems and he said my sons heart was functioning better than most people without the problem. He gave me a card to carry with me all the time that shows that my son has to have antibiotics before any dental treatment or anything else that could introduce an infection to the body.

At any rate, I am not sure he is going to go back on the ADD medicine. If he does, he has to wear a monitor for 24 hours to see how the drug is affecting him.

3 comments:

Julie Brown said...

I pray for your little boy, and for you in coping with this. Take care.

Condoleesa said...

Thanks, I can always use prayer.

Betty said...

What a cutie...lively and mischievious, I can tell. My oldest is ADD. He's easy to love, but sometimes hard to parent.

So many correlations, Condoleesa. No child support from my ex, either. That's ok. Then I don't have to listen to his bullshit.