Friday, October 21, 2005

ADD update

We are switching from Concerta to Strattera. We saw the doctor on Thursday and he felt the Strattera might be a better alternative in view of the episode with the irregular heartbeat. The Strattera works a little differently and you have to have a theraputic blood level where as the Concerta's effects are immediate. We cut the dose to 18mg of Concerta til the blood level is high enough for the Strattera to be effective. It may not work on my son though. We are still doing the Holter Monitor starting on Nov 1 to see how the Concerta affects him. I am positive it is what was causing the irregular heartbeat and possibly several other problems.

I love the cardiologist. He listens and hears me out and considers what I have to say even if he doesn't agree. The urologist on the other hand just blows me off. It may be time for a new urologist.

No comments: