Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Bridges of Madison County

I dated a man for many years off and on. I have to honestly say I loved him (and still do) best of all. He once came to see me and told me he had read The Bridges of Madison County and just had to see me. I hadn't seen him in over 4 years at the time. I miss him and will always hold a special place in my heart for him. I don't think it would have worked. We just came from very different backgrounds. I sure did love him though. Maybe more because it never quite worked.

1 comment:

Betty said...

I sobbed when I read that book. Great gulping gasps of grief...for the one in my life that got away. Then I got divorced. We reconnected. I resurrected the ghost and discovered that although he had been perfect for a 20 year old Betty, the 40 year old Betty wanted a kinder heart.

Sometimes I wish I still had him to long for.