Wednesday, October 26, 2005

THAT was weird!

I was driving home my usual route this week and was stopped at at stoplight. I look up and on a telephone pole there is a huge nest. I am kinda looking at it and waiting for the light to change and I see about 10 birds all around it. I am looking at them and all of a sudden I notice that they are green. They are about the size of a pigeon but shaped differently. They are a nest of parrots or conures or something. I tried to take a picture but the light changed. It was the weirdest thing. I had no idea parrots could survive this far north. It was really cool to see a flock of parrots or whatever in the Dallas area. Someone must have had a pet escape or something surely. I wish I had gotten a picture. I passed there again last night and found the nest but there was no sign of the birds.

Edit: I saw them again on Friday on the way home so I am not nuts.

3 comments:

Rae Ann said...

That's so cool! I saw something on TV about parrots living 'wild' in another Southern city, but I can't remember now which one. Maybe it was Miami?

Betty said...

The Wild Parrots of Telegraph Hill! Wonderful movie! Surprise ending. I loved it.

Yoda said...

We've got 'em here in San Diego, too.