Sunday, October 09, 2005

Rant about movie goers

I took my son to the $ movies to see War of the Worlds again. It is cheap entertainment on a slow Sunday afternoon. We get there early enough to get popcorn and drinks and a good seat. We get in and get sat down and wait for the movie to start. My ADD son is behaving extremely well and while he is impatient for the movie to start he isn't climbing on the seat or anything just quietly chatting with me. The movie finally starts and the lights go down. We get thru the previews and the feature is about 5 minutes into it. There is no one sitting around us and I like it that way so if my son does get fidgety then we don't bother anyone. Suddenly, this older couple comes in. Both are grossly overweight and they climb over the people on the end to come sit next me. The woman puts her behind right in my face while getting seated and is already crowding me with her legs an etc but I figure it isn't a big deal. I go back to watchin the movie and they start a running conversation. I don't mean a few whispers here or there but a normal volume discussion during the entire movie. I finally get fed up and shhhhhhh then without even realizing I am doing it. They they both have to take bathroom breaks and climb back over everyone to do it. Of course they do it separately. And have to loudly discuss what the other missed while they were gone. It just burned me up. My seven year old behaved better than they did.

No comments: