Monday, October 03, 2005

My knees and feet

I have an elliptical trainer that I work out on inside when I wimp out of running outside. Last night I did 70 minutes and my knees are killing me. It doesn't seem to be the impact, I think it is the muscles. The machine has adjustable resistance and I have been cranking it up in hopes of getting stronger and burning more calories. My knees are telling me about it.

I also wish they would make a workout shoe specifically for elliptical trainers. When you run, your foot strike is heel to toe with your heel taking most of the impact. Hence, they put lots of cushioning in the heels. On an elliptical, there is no foot strike (which makes it easier on your knees) but most of the pressure centers on the ball of your foot. The balls of my feet feel bruised.

2 comments:

Betty said...

I have a deep and meaningful physical relationship with my eliptical machine. We are very close. Come to think of it, I have a better relationship with that machine than I've had with any men in a very long time...

Hmmmm...

Condoleesa said...

Yeah me too! It is always there when I need it and does it's job. More than I can say for any of my relationships with men. I don't hate men though. I love them. Probably too much.