Friday, October 07, 2005

Six US marines killed in Iraq attacks

I worry every time I see a headline like that. I don't worry too much about my son. I know he is bright and has common sense. I also know he is in a job where he isn't in a position to get shot at much. I would worry more if he was. I still would want him to be there though. Don't construe that as me not loving him or as me being a war monger. I am not by any means. I do believe that we are effecting a change in the Middle East that will have long reaching effects for the entire world. I believe we are making it a better place even if it doesn't seem like that to everyone. I would be there too if I could. I can't but I really wish I could.

2 comments:

ocean biru said...

THE YOUNG MEN AND WOMEN WHO SACRIFICED THEIR LIFE IN IRAQ DID NOT DIE IN VAIN. THEY ARE THE ONES WHO ENSURES THAT THIS WORLD IS KEPT FREE FROM THE THREAT OF "IMPERALISTIC THEOCRATIC RULE" FOR THIS GENERATION AND MANY GENERATIONS TO COME.
IT IS SAD TO SEE THAT VERY MANY "ANTI WAR" AMERICIANS AND EUROPEANS DO NOT SEE FURTHER THAN THEIR SHORELINES.I AM SORRY TO SAY THAT THEY ARE A MYOPIC LOT (THOUGH NO FAULT OF THEIR OWN, BEING SO MUCH INFLUENCED BY YOUR LIBERAL PRESS). WHAT YOU SEE IN IRAQ IS AN AGGRESSIVE FORM OF THEOCRATIC RADICALISM SOMETIMES CLOAKED IN NATIONALISM. IN MANY PARTS OF THE WORLD THERE IS THIS "CREEPING THEOCRACY" AND WHILE THE WORLD SLEEPS IT GROWS. ONE DAY THESE TWINS WILL COME TOGETHER AND THEIR STRENGTH WILL NOT BE NOT BE TWO FOLD.
IN IRAQ, YOU HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO INFLUENCE THE FUTURE,BY TYING ONE DOWN IN ATTRITION, THE ASCENDENCY OF THE OTHER WOULD BE HARDER AND HOPEFULLY HALTED BY DEMOCRATIC VALUES.

Condoleesa said...

I agree they did not die in vain. I firmly believe we are right in being there. However, please don't yell.