Thursday, September 29, 2005

Ever wake up pissed off and not really know why?

I woke up this morning that way, not furious just irritated.

I don't remember having a bad dream or anything. It might be that about 2 minutes after I woke up my son got a bad nosebleed. I am 99% sure that it was caused by the new asthma medicine the doc prescribed last week. This is after I fought with the doctor on Monday about taking my son off of the ADD medicine.

We went for a followup visit on it last week and the doctor found a heart arrythmia. I scares the crap outta me and when I read the patient inserts that come with the ADD meds I see that is one of the side effects. I called the doc and we agreed to stop the ADD meds this until he sees the cardiologist. We are seeing the pediatric cardiologist next week to find out what is going on. I am pissed because I never wanted to put my son on the stupid drug in the first place. The school and the doctor insisted so I went along with it. I was fine with it until the heart thing but now am pretty mad about the whole thing.

I have been seeing this doctor for about 15 years and I really like him. He is a good man and I believe a good doctor. I think the problem is that my son is just very sensitive to drugs and if there is a side effect with one, he will have it.

No comments: