Saturday, September 24, 2005

Choices from the $ Movies

I didn't hit the $ movies today. Instead I did laundry and dishes and walked the dogs and took my son to Cici's with the neighbors. Cici's sure is popular with the kids. The pizza used to be better but the quality has really dropped off again.

Back to the movies though, of all the stuff at the $ movies there are several I would go see.

Stealth bombed in the box office but I will probably go see it for a buck or maybe on $.50 Tuesdays.

Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith is there now too. I have seen it 3 times but will probably see it a million more times before I die. It is really sad but I think the entire series is brilliant.

Mr. and Mrs. Smith is there. I have seen it once and enjoyed it. Brad Pitt is hot, Angelina Jolie is hot (very weird, but hot nonetheless) I think I understand on some level why Brad would leave Jennifer for Angelina. Jennifer is just too wholesome. Angelina is more relaxed and free and I think comfortable in her own skin. Brad seems happier and even if I really disliked Angelina before, she seems to have made him really happy. I really think they are a better fit.

Batman Begins is also showing and I don't know a lot about it but I do want to see it.

The Island is a definite see for me. I think Ewan McGregor is immensely talented and I like Scarlett Johannsen. The premise of the movie is plausible and while it kinda seems like a variation of Blade Runner I think it will be good.

Deuce Bigelow European gigolo I will have to see at some point but may way for it to come out on DVD. The first one was very funny and even though this one was panned I think it will be fun to watch.

Fantastic Four is showing too and I have seen it once. I may or may not go see this one again. Julian McMahon is totally hot and while I can't bring myself to watch Nip Tuck, I loved him as the villain/love interest on Charmed. I have to admit that Oded Fehr also makes a wonderful villain on Charmed also.

At the movie theater in McKinney, I would love to see Lord of War with Nicholas Cage. I usually like him and I like action testosterone movies like Die Hard and this looks like it might be kind of along that line.

No comments: