Thursday, February 09, 2006

The Layoff Saga Continues Day 14

I was surprised to find that the new buyers in Mexico taking over my job and the other buyers job are both quite competent. I really like them both. Their work ethic and senses of humor are very like mine. I am actually not too worried about letting them take over. In the long run, I have made two new good friends.

My "new" boss has already started giving me things to do. I am busier than a one armed paper hanger with the 7 year itch but I am managing pretty well all in all.

The people that were listening to the mean comments about me last week have caught on to why the spreader of said comments made them. The tables have turned and I am glad I rose above it at the time. I was really hurt but didn't let on and now the "spreader" has been cast in an entirely different light.

I went to the "new" boss and vouched for the temp they were going to let go. Now, it seems they are going to give him a go. He is only 25 and a very hard worker and very smart. He didn't tell his wife yet he was getting laid off. He says she would/will leave him. I feel sorry for him because he is a good kid (I have sons his age so I can call him that) I really believe he can rise to the occasion if given the chance. I told him that I had gone to bat for him and told him they would "find his body in a ditch" if he embarrassed me. I have no doubt he will come thru.

No comments: