Monday, November 28, 2005

I broke my promise to myself

I promised myself that I would finally put the only man I ever really loved behind me once and for all. Maybe I have. Maybe I haven't. He is still strongly in my thoughts these days. Who knew I would spend so much of my life thinking about him. I bet he didn't. I also am pretty sure he spends as much time thinking of me whether he wants to or not.

There is a guy at work that is a West Point Graduate. The love of my life graduated the year before he did. The guy at work because he went to West Point, is a constant reminder to me of the love of my life. They are totally unalike but their experiences are similiar.

This weekend is the Army Navy Game. I can't go because it is in PA. I would love to though. I have decided to go to the Army/Baylor Game next year since it will be played here. I don't want to see the man I loved for so long. He has moved on and has a happy life I don't want to interfere with. After all, I love him enough to let him go. I do still think of him though. Particularly when I am feeling alone and sad and like I need someone to be strong for me. I do however very much want to see Army play. They are not a good team but that isn't really what is is about.

1 comment:

Yoda said...

No, it's about...

GO NAVY!!

~Kurt